Velvet Manicure Nails DIY -
As much as I love getting myself pampered and dolled up, I do stress out if I had to spend too much doing in so. Looking good shouldn’t be a hassle and it should be something that allow us girls to enjoy while doing it.
I must admit I’m not so into nails, but whenever I see a cool nail design that is easy enough for me to re-create myself- I get eager to try it out right away. At the moment I am loving the look of Velvet manicures. So fluffy and fun! The best about them is, the look can be quickly achieved. In this post I will show you how
For this tutorial you’ll need:
- Nail polish of your choice (any color)
- Flocking powder (must matches the nail color)
- Old makeup brush (optional)
1. Paint the color of your choice, but only do one finger first. One coat is only needed, but make sure it’s thick enough to cover the entire nail. Clean the edges after this, if you have to.
2. While the nail is still wet, pour some flocking powder on to the nail. Make sure that the flocking powder is covering evenly the entire nail. Remember, rather too much of flocking powder than too little.
3. You can brush off the extra flocking powder using an old makeup brush, or do it like I do – just gently blow the powder off Be careful not to get flocking powder every where.
4. Now repeat the same steps to the other nails – and after that, you’re done baby!
I hope you have fun with your Velvet Manicure – don’t be shy about trying colors! I love my Velvet manicure – I think they so fuzzy and adorable. Although there is a down side to these cute nails – they are not waterproof. So be careful when dipping your nails in the water, when they aren’t fully dry yet! Some of the flocking powder may come off if you keep washing your hands or doing so aggressively. So make sure to steer away from water. Hey, at least you have a good reason not to do the dishes tonight lol! I’m sure your husband will understand, your Velvet nails are too precious for that!