If you don’t have any idea what to get to your mom this Mother’s Day. One of the best gift that I can think of, is to make something for her. I think any mother would appreciate a thoughtful and sentimental gift like this.
I came up an idea of doing Mother’s and Daughter’s bracelets, and pearls seems to be perfect for this occasion. I hope you’ll enjoy this tutorial (it’s pretty simple) and make the best gift for your mother.
For this tutorial you’ll need:
Elastic – I chose Crystaline 8mm.
Pearls – You can choose any color.
Needle/safety pin/eye pin – Sometimes the coating of the pearls close up the holes. In this case you can use a needle to opens it up, so it would be easier for you to get the string through.
Clasp oval and jump ring – You can choose any color and size that goes along with your chosen pearls.
1. Start by measuring your wrist with the elastic. Remember if you going to do it to your mom or some one else, you may need to add more/take off some length, depends on their wrist size.
2. When you already got the measurement, add about 4-5cm more to the length to tie the knots. After this, you can cut the elastic. Don’t worry if the bracelet end up a little tight, it would still be stretchy because of the elastic.
3. Add the jump ring through the string and secure it in place by tiding a knot. I did this 3 times (3 knots).
4. After that you add the pearls into the string. I like to combines different colors in this case.
5. Make sure that the length fits your wrist. When you at that point, add the clasp in to the string. Secure it by tiding a knot. Do this 3 times, like in the beginning. If you want, you can add a drop of super glue to seal the knots. Be careful not to get the glue on you fingers or the bracelet.
6. Cut the left over strings on both ends, if there are any.
Follow the same steps for the next bracelet too.