How to DIY Caviar Manicure Beads Nails -
Helen Nguyen | On 27, Apr 2012
I’m sure you have already heard about Ciate’s Caviar Manicure. I was intrigued by the idea of it and honestly, they look really fun and different from anything I seen before.
I tried to get the Ciate Caviar Manicure set, but they were all sold out quickly and most of the on line stores don’t even ship to Finland. But luckily, I stumbled upon these DIY tutorials, where you can re-create this look with a smaller budget.
What you’ll need:
1. Microbeads – you can pick these up from any nail supplies store. I ordered my online.
2. Nail polish color – You may already have plenty of these at home. If not, go hook yourself up with some real nice polishes!
3. Clear top coat – I used Seche Vite, because it dries fast and it’s clear. We’re going to use this to seal the beads in place.
How to do:
1. First, paint your nails with your chosen color. Choose the fingers that you want to put the microbeads on. Keep in mind, that you shouldn’t let those nails dry completely. You want them to be sticky enough, so the beads could stick on your nails.
2. Apply the beads on the nails. There are 2 methods to do this; you can pour the beads directly on your nail. Or do it like I did – dip your nail into the beads container, so the microbeads would stick on your nail.
I find that, if you’re doing the second method, the beads will be more closely attached on your nail. But if you like them to be more separate, you can just pour them on your nail.
After applying the beads on your nail, secure them by pushing them in gently, so the beads would really stay in place.
3. Apply top coat to seal the beads in place and giving it a glossy look.
If there’s a gap in between the beads, which will happen, try to fill in those gaps by adding a bead in them, after you have put on the top coat. Then put on another coat, to secure the beads one more time. I like to apply at least 3 coats of this, so the beads would really stay on.
From my experience, these Caviar Manicure nails will last 1- 2 days top. I was really afraid of doing anything with my hands for the first few hours after got them done. But if your nails have fully dry, then you don’t need to worry about them.