DIY Glitter Gradient Nails Tutorial -
- Helen Nguyen
- On June 11, 2012
This is another gradient nail tutorial, the only different is this one is much easier and less time consuming than the previous method. I call it the “lazy girl’s gradient nails” method.
For this tutorial you’ll need:
- nail polish as a base color
- second nail polish as a tip color
- glitter nail polish
- dry fast top coat
1. Paint the nails with the first color. Then let them fully dry before moving on to the next step. You can use the dry fast top coat at this point if you prefer. I used my beloved Seche Vite.
2. To create the gradient effects, take the second nail polish color and start tapping the color on the tip of the nail. Use the tip of the brush to do this dapping/dotting motion. Concentrate most of the color on the tip of the nail – then dap gently when moving upwards. Don’t go too far up tho, just only half way on the nail. Do this to all the nails. When finish, let the color dry fully, use the dry fast top coat.
3. When the nails are fully dry, take the glitter nail polish and paint about half way of the nails – where the second nail color reached. After this, finish them up with a top coat. You’re done, baby!
10 Tips: How To Wash Your Face The Right Way... June 22, 2013 | Helen Nguyen
My Favorite Summer Bronzers & Highlighters And What Makeup Brushes To Use W... July 28, 2013 | Helen Nguyen